Sometimes (Peace, Joy, Love)

We know that God knows what we need, and cares about it. He cares about us enough for us to share our concerns.

We can rest knowing that he will answer with what's best for us,  provide for our needs.

You know what we can pray for, that he has already promised?

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faith, gentleness and sell control.

See how it starts will love, joy and peace? Isn't that really the end game of most of our requests?  What we wish for ourselves, and for others?

If your live is filled with peace and joy and love, you don't have room for worry.
If you have joy and peace, you can have patience.

And what caps it? Love. To love and be loved. We love him, because he first loved us. Oh what love. And because he loved us, can love others and ourselves.

.sometimes

(Slow, soulful, like long waves against the shore)

Sometimes I pray at oh Lord
How long will this night last

Sometimes I wait in vain
For the rain to pass

I cry out loud for my bills to cease
I pray for more, fire my own increase

But then you said to me
You don't know what you need

Pray for peace, joy love
Pray for peace joy love
It's what I promised, I will provide
What you need is peace, joy, love

I heard my God, what he had to say
I know my heart couldn't turn away
There's nothing more that would satisfy
With peace joy love, I can see a way.

I pray for peace, joy love
I need your peace, joy love
I know you promised, you will provide
Your work in me begins as peace joy love

Tomorrow's coming, another day
Things will come to get in the way
I have to start, end and be
Knowing you have promised me

You''ll give your peace, joy, love
Your fruit is peace joy love
No thing will satisfy
Like your Spirit's peace, joy, love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrongful? Fines at Georgetown Township Public Library

CFL Bulbs on sale at Meijer for $.99, but...